Do you ever wonder how people manage to get so much done in only 24 hours? Which is really only 16-18 hours, because people do have to sleep. Maybe it's just me, but I always have so much that I want to accomplish and I feel like I never ever have enough time. I work eight hours a day, which is really only a third of my day. And I like my job most when I get eight hours of sleep, so, there goes another third. But, that should mean I have another eight hours to spend on whatever I want. Right? I mean, take away an hour and a half for getting ready, an hour and a half for cooking and eating meals throughout the day. And a half hour for driving places and misc. errands (or potty breaks). So, we're down to four and a half hours. But, take away at least an hour and a half for getting distracted on facebook/instagram/twitter/blogs/emails/youtube, etc. Three hours. And I still don't even feel like I have that.
I've always wondered what it would be like if I didn't need to sleep. Now, don't get me wrong, sleep and I are way tight. BFFs, you could say. I like my decompressing REM cycles just as much as the next person. But sleeping takes so much time! If I didn't have to sleep, I could have 11 free hours a day. And, if I managed to not waste it all on facebook, I could get so much done.
This is the list of things I like to think I would do if I didn't have to sleep:
- finally really learn to play my pretty pink guitar.
- become a knowledgeable scriptorian.
- know photoshop, indesign, and illustrator better than the back of my hand.
- really master the mechanics of photography.
- run a couple businesses.
- plan children's day camps and blog retreats.
- become fluent in spanish.
- sew a new quilt for my bed (because even without needing sleep, occasional de-stress naps would be nice)
And that's really just the beginning of my list. What about you? What would you want to accomplish if you didn't have to sleep?