I do though.
So, I mix my grape juice in my blender.
And savor the froth.
Just thought you might like to know.
And now, while I sit here and sip my frothy, delightful grape juice, I'm going to tell you a story.
Sunday night, I attended an institute sponsored fireside. It was called "Lord of the Small". It was themed around the song with the same title.
Praise to the Lord of the small, broken things,
Who sees the poor sparrow that cannot take wing,
Who loves the lame child, and the wretch in the street,
Who comforts their sorrows and washes their feet.
Praise to the Lord of the faint and afraid,
Who girds them with courage and lends them his aid;
He pours our His Spirit on vessels so weak
That the timid can serve and the silent can speak.
Praise to the Lord of the frail and the ill,
Who heals their afflictions, or carries them till
They leave this tired frame and to paradise fly,
To never be sick, never to die.
Praise Him, O Praise Him, all ye who yet live,
Who've been given so much and can so little give,
Our frail, lisping praise God will never despise:
He sees his dear children through mercy filled eyes.
We also had the opportunity to hear from two amazing mothers who both have children with special needs. The second speaker told us about her daughter, Kelsey, who shouldn't have been able to walk, speak, or anything like that. Her mother asked Kelsey how Jesus Christ had blessed her life. The points she made were simple, yet so profound.
- He turns weaknesses into strengths.
- He feels our pain and heals our suffering.
- His example helps us to be better.
- Praying with the Spirit helps us to resist temptation.
- It is important to be thankful for what you have even if you don't always have what you want.
- Gratitude is a step to exaltation.
- Be pure. "When people do bad to you, don't do bad back. Be nice and do what the Spirit tells you because the Spirit is pure."
- Love as Jesus Christ loves. Having love makes you better. Live with love every day.
- Jesus Christ can help you through any challenge that you have.
There were two more that I wasn't able to write down, but I was highly impressed by her simple and pure faith, and by the incredible testimony of her mother.
Things like this make me want to be a better person. And drink more grape juice. :)